A DIY instruction manual with a few personal stories mixed in, Mat’s documented adventures are underlined with a sentiment and honesty that promote an inner optimism. In Resist 47 he explores his love for many things, all the while reminding the reader to find heart in simplicity:
“Sometimes it’s impossible to hear the song of a bird through the commotion of noise in our own head. I want to bring some of that slowness home with me. To enjoy a good hot cup of coffee in the morning, not rush through half a dozen cups of tepid mediocrity just to keep my eyes open.”
Friendly and easy to relate with, this little gem also includes great information on gardening. A seed packet is gifted, serving as a wonderful additive that fits with the spirit of all that is written.
- Plant Something
- Tom the Turkey (Our 1st Butchering Experience)
- Warshing Machine Bass
- Starting a New Garden
- Installing an Exterior Spigot for the Garden
- Slowing Down
- Removing a Seized Bottom Bracket Cup
- Worms: Just Another One of Our 'Strange' 'Pets'
- Building an Emergency Bicycle Pedal
- Eating & Healing in the Backyard
- Rethinking Winter Biking
- Why I Do What I Do
- Now I Can Dream...